Pain Relief for Sports Injuries in Old Bridge, NJ
Whether you're a committed athlete or occasionally engage in casual sports activity, injuries can occur. If you're struggling with sports injuries, get the services of a chiropractor that can provide sports medicine. Whether it's physical therapy, spinal adjustments, or deep tissue massage, a sports medicine doctor can provide a variety of treatments and techniques to give you the pain relief you need while promoting fast and effective healing. At Plaza Chiropractic Center and Sports Medicine in Old Bridge, NJ, we offer expert chiropractic services to help relieve your pain and get you back in the game.
What are Sports Injuries?
Some of the most basic sports injuries include the following:
- Tennis and Golf Elbow: Tennis elbow and golf elbow are conditions that impact the elbow area and can cause pain when lifting or grasping objects.
- Shoulder Injuries: Rotator cuff injuries and a dislocated shoulder are shoulder problems related to athletic injuries.
- Strains and Sprains: Sprains occur when a ligament is damaged. Strains happen when there is damage to a tendon or muscle.
- Back Injuries: A back injury can occur in sports that involve jumping or repetitive extension movements.
What are Treatment Options for Sports Injuries?
Our sports medicine doctor may use one or more of the following to treat your injuries:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can help rebuild strength and increase movement after an injury.
- Strengthening and Stretching: Strengthening and stretching exercises can help keep tissues flexible and support the skeletal system.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Cold lasers can safely penetrate the skin to help increase circulation and help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: These are gentle techniques available to help ease pain from athletic injuries.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound: This treatment includes targeting the affected tissues to help provide pain relief and healing.
Get Sports Injuries Pain Relief from Physical Therapy and Cold Laser Therapy from Our Sports Medicine Doctor
At Plaza Chiropractic Center and Sports Medicine in Old Bridge, NJ, we feature a variety of techniques and treatments for sports injuries. Our team of professionals can help evaluate your condition and provide you with a detailed treatment plan that can help you heal while avoiding long-term physical issues. We can provide spinal manipulation, chiropractic adjustments, and strengthening and stretching exercises. A few of our specialty techniques include cold laser therapy, therapeutic ultrasound, and trigger point therapy. Contact us at today to schedule an appointment. Call us at (732) 723-0023 for more information.